Habitat for Humanity Mid-Vancouver Island (HFHMVI) is looking for eligible local families for our next 7 homes in the Cowichan Valley.
- One 4-Bedroom Duplex Home on the corner of Glenn Fields Road and Cowichan Lake Road
- 3 x 2 Bedroom homes and 3×3 Bedroom homes in a 6-plex on Jubilee Street, Duncan
The Duplex home is already under construction and due for completion in December 2019. The 6-plex is due to break ground in late 2019 with completion anticipated in late 2020.
Marcel Aubin, Executive Director for HFHMVI said: “We are delighted to officially open the application process for our 6-plex build on Jubilee Street. The mix of 2 and 3 bedroom homes will serve a diverse range of family groups and we look forward to receiving applications from local families who are looking for a hand up, not a hand out.
“Due to a change in circumstances for a previously selected family, we are also re-opening the application process for the 4-bedroom ½ Duplex home which is already under way on Glenn Fields Road. We look forward to seeing deserving, hardworking families enjoy the benefits of homeownership in their own Habitat home.”
To become a partner family, applicants must demonstrate:
- Need: current housing is inadequate and/or too expensive
- Ability to pay: steady employment income for the past three years
- Willingness to partner with Habitat for Humanity: each family is required to contribute 500 hours of sweat equity.
Deadline for applications is 4pm, Friday September 6th 2019.
For more information or to apply please go to our Apply Now page.