ReStore Manager (Duncan)
As a member of the Senior Management team, you will participate in the overall affiliate strategic planning process; the creation of the ReStore business plan; and the development and implementation of future opportunities to further the mission of Habitat Mid-Vancouver Island.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Works on a daily basis to ensure retail sales are maximized.
- Ensures staff and volunteers provide consistent and superior customer service.
- ReStore Manager models excellent customer service practices.
- Leads the process and works with team members to determine the demand of specific used and surplus building materials and household goods.
Inventory & Merchandising
- Ensures there is an effective and efficient inventory flow from receiving goods/materials through to purchase.
- Creates and maintains a safe and optimal merchandising layout in the ReStores’ retail areas.
- Responsible for ensuring all product is priced according to ReStore Pricing Policy.
- Responsible for communicating all intake guidelines and procedures to all staff and volunteers.
- Manages the development and implementation of the procurement strategy, in collaboration with the Habitat team, for the acquisition of goods/materials from local suppliers and retailers.
- Creates and maintains on-going relationships with local suppliers and retailers to ensure they are knowledgeable about the opportunities of donating to the ReStore.
- Researches and implements new opportunities of revenue generation for the ReStore.
Safety & Warehouse Maintenance
- Ensures all workers receive the necessary training as required.
- Responsible for all staff, volunteers and customers adhering to ReStore safety policies and that appropriate actions are followed when safety concerns arise.
- Ensures all staff comply with all vehicle, trailer and forklift safety inspections.
- Ensures that all vehicles and machinery are maintained and repaired as needed.
- Maintains and makes improvements to the physical warehouse to improve operations, following yearly warehouse maintenance schedule including such things as fire extinguishers, fire alarms, truck maintenance, forklift maintenance, etc.
- Responsible for managing all volunteers in the ReStore in conjunction with the Volunteer Coordinator and team. Takes positive steps to develop and nurture the on-going relationship with volunteers focused on providing a positive volunteer experience.
- Implements and creates ways to improve the ReStore Volunteer Program in association with the Volunteer Coordinator and team.
- Provides leadership and scheduling to the ReStore staff in the training and engagement of volunteers in meaningful ways.
Finance & Administration
- Works with the Executive Director and Finance Manager to set annual budgets for ReStore revenue and expenses.
- Creates written monthly ReStore reports regarding sales, expenses, and other financial and sales metrics.
- Ensures compliance with all financial reporting practices: reconciling of daily sales, the daily closing out of all financial transactions.
- Establishes the value of all gift-in-kind donations with existing policies
- Responsible for maintaining and ordering supplies.
- Creates and posts monthly staff and volunteer schedules, with bi-weekly timesheets to affiliate office.
- Manages all ReStore HR responsibilities, including posting positions, interviewing, hiring and termination of paid ReStore staff, according to the HR policies of the Habitat Mid-Vancouver Island and in compliance with the Employment Standards Act for BC.
- Trains, orients, schedules and supervises all ReStore staff, delegating warehouse and retail tasks.
- Attends and participates in ReStore-related training opportunities or conferences as directed by the Executive Director.
- Conducts all yearly and other ReStore staff performance and compensation reviews.
- Ensures that all employees have read and understood the Employee Handbook and all Human Resources policies and procedures are followed.
- Holds regular staff and volunteer briefings and monthly staff meetings.
- Experience creating a strong retail team with extraordinary sales results and customer service.
- Ability to build relationships and network in the community with private donors, small businesses and corporate prospects and partners to secure donated product for the ReStore.
- Experience creating and analyzing financial reports and budgets.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office programs, and the use of the Internet.
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to lead and motivate staff and volunteers.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to deal with the pressure of a demanding work environment with often times multiple priorities.
- Good knowledge of safety and maintenance issues in a warehouse environment.
- Experience recruiting, training, supervising and utilizing volunteers and employees.
- Knowledge of building supplies and of home construction and renovation projects an asset.
- Physically fit to work in a warehouse environment.
- Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license and experienced operator of cube truck and forklift.
- Appropriate first aid certification.
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Executive Director – Marcel Aubin
Habitat for Humanity Mid-Vancouver Island
#1 – 4128 Mostar Rd.