Habitat for Humanity Mid-Vancouver Island is committed to providing affordable home-ownership to hard-working families in need.
Your contribution assists us in realizing our goal – more houses for more local families!
Whether you donate $20 to purchase nails or $5,000 to build a roof, to other contributions such as materials, labour or land; your support and generosity is key to our efforts of providing affordable homes for members of our community.
You can support our work by making a tax-deductible monetary donation either online, in-store or through the mail:
Online – Click here to make a secure online donation
By mail – print our donation form, include it with your donation cheque payable to Habitat for Humanity Mid-Vancouver Island and send to our Nanaimo office at:
Habitat for Humanity Mid-Vancouver Island
#1 – 4128 Mostar Road
Other ways to donate
Your time! – visit our Volunteer With Us page to learn how you can help.
New construction materials – for use in our builds.
New or gently used home décor and building materials – for recycling through our Nanaimo ReStore and ReFresh store and our Duncan ReStore (see the ReStore page for accepted items, contact info and drop off days/times).
Land for future Habitat builds – lots suitable for family, semi-detached or townhome developments are needed and may qualify for a charitable tax receipt.
Corporate Donations Program
Donating to our ReStore will help you:
- Move inventory that needs movement.
- Free up your warehouse space and reduce your costs.
- Be more environmentally friendly. ReStores reduce the amount of new and used materials headed to landfills by thousands of tonnes per year.
- Inspire companies and their employees to help build homes for those in need in the community in which they work and live.
Donations can be picked up, at no cost to you!
Donations will be recorded and based on the donation amount, a tax receipt can be provided. Habitat for Humanity Mid-Vancouver Island can recognize your organization’s total donations with a post on our website and/or your name on a plaque on our Donor Wall inside the ReStore.
- End of line products
- Excess inventory
- Customer returns
- Scratched or dented products
- Vendor buybacks
- Demonstration or floor models/products
- Trade show or retail displays
- Hotel Upgrades
Specific examples of products are:
- antique hardware, fittings and moldings
- appliances (working), stove, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, washer, dryer under 10 yrs.
- architectural columns, mantles, antique moldings
- cabinets, vanities and countertops
- electrical devices and fixtures in “AS NEW” working condition
- exterior siding made or vinyl
- furniture in good condition
- garden tools, structures, shovels, wheelbarrows, sheds
- garden supplies, plants and decorative items (commercial sources only)
- home décor items
- hand and power tools
- hardware: hinges, handles, knobs, covers (nails, nuts, bolts, screws)
- hardwood flooring, unused engineered laminates, tiles (ceramic, porcelain and vinyl)
- interlocking paving stones
- insulation in completely wrapped bundles, no loose insulation
- lighting fixtures, interior and exterior
- unopened paint and stain
- profile doors, solid and antique doors
- plumbing fixtures and fittings, with no chips or stains
- plumbing tubing and pipes (unused only)
- roofing shingles and barrier paper and membranes
- sealants and caulking in unopened packages
- shelving units of both wood and metal
- vinyl clad windows, all types, complete units, less than 5-8 years old
- wood, molding, plywood, OSB and MDF
- and more!
We do not accept some items. Please call to confirm with us.