In light of the current COVID-19 health pandemic, Habitat for Humanity Mid-Vancouver are sharing our response, with the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, customers and Homeowners as a top priority. Our decisions have been made in review of guidance from Habitat for Humanity Canada, as well as our governments both federal and local.
Current as of Monday March 23rd 2020:
- Both our Nanaimo and Duncan ReStores are closed temporarily until further notice to enable our staff, volunteers and customers to practice social distancing.
- As such we are not able to accept any donations at either location at this time.
- Some pick-ups from individual and corporate donors may be possible while we are closed. If you have items for collection please call and leave a message on the following number 250 758 8078 x103
- Our Administrative office is closed, but our team is working from home and can be reached through email. Please check our website for a directory of staff and their contact information.
- Our build projects are currently on hold and all upcoming events, such as Ground Breaking ceremony for our Jubilee Project, Build Days, Community Events, and Fundraising are currently postponed until further notice.
These decisions have not been taken lightly but we consider them to be important steps for the health and safety of our volunteers, customers and staff.
During this time, we ask that if you intended to give to Habitat Mid-Vancouver Island – through volunteering, shopping or donating – that you show your support with a donation if you are able to, to help us continue to build a stronger community
We greatly appreciate your support, and will continue to monitor the situation closely, and will re-open our office, our ReStores, and our sites as soon as it is safe to do so.
Please remember to recommended health practices and social distancing and seek accurate, up to date information on the status on the COVID-19 pandemic and resources available to you and your family.
It provides the solid foundation for families to build strength, stability, and self-reliance. Affordable housing and homeownership is the platform on which a family lives out today’s realities and prepares for tomorrow’s transformations. Every Habitat house changes lives — our donors, our volunteers, and our future homeowners.
- Every person deserves a safe and decent place to live.
- Every child should have a home base from which to explore the world.
- Every donation helps a family build a safe and affordable home.
- Every purchase helps a family build strength, stability, and self-reliance.
- Every door unlocks the potential for a better life.